Families, you are invited to a special and FREE presentation!
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Arcola Community School
McDowell Research Salon Series Presents... Parent/Guardian Voices: Experiences and Perspectives of Parents of Children with Exceptionalities
The roundable conversation will focus on four key areas:
- The voices and experiences of parents/guardians/caregivers as they advocate for their children in schools.
- The importance of an inclusive school system and what that looks like.
- The role of parents as advocates in the education system.
- The value of a strength-based approach.
- Krista McMillen, Educator and Lead Researcher (and Arcola's very own Learning Resource Teacher!)
- Alaina Harrison, Incluson Saskatchewan
- Trisha Hastings, Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation
- Tracey Kosteniuk, Parent
- Jennifer Walter, Parent
- Sarah West, Parent