School success goes hand in hand with good attendance. Make a commitment to have your child attend every day and to be on time.
Children who attend every day are building positive habits that last a lifetime. Students who attend school are more engaged in their learning and are more likely to graduate.
Students who attend daily feel connected academically and socially. Students who attend daily impact the achievement of all students in their class and can help to build a positive school culture.
When do absences become a problem?
- Chronic absence - 18 or more days
- Warning signs - 10 to 17 days
- Good attendance - 9 or fewer absences
Did you know?
- If your child misses half a day a week in one school year, he/she will miss the equivalent of one month of school and learning.
- If your child misses one day a week in a school year, he/she will miss two months of school and learning.